At least 14 individuals lost their lives, and three others sustained injuries in a residential fire in Cau Giay district, Hanoi, Vietnam this Friday morning. The Vietnam State News Agency (VNA) reported that authorities are in the process of identifying the deceased and injured.

The multi-story house, which featured two rooms on each floor, was a rental property with a ground floor electric bike store. The blaze, suspected to have originated from a short circuit related to the electric bicycles, began around midnight and was contained approximately an hour later.